Wednesday 29 August 2007

Reading Volume 1

Friday:

The Long Blondes; they were the very first band I saw, and despite the main stage being too big for them they seemed a lot better than the previous year. The songs sounded a lot more perfected, but I just can't get into them live, Kate tries to control the crowd however like last year this year the crowd didn't seem that interested. A much better band on record - this is still my view 18 months after first seeing them.

Blood Red Shoes; One of the highlights of Friday, and of the weekend. I only knew one or two songs prior to arriving in the Carling Tent, however they really impressed me. The loudest two-piece you'll ever here, I definitely want to see them again!

199os; Another band who I thought were excellent, they have some great songs and Jackie the singer knows how to get the crowd on his side. Indie pop at it's finest.

Maximo Park; Another Reading Festival, yet another boring Maximo Park performance. They were boring last year and yet again they bored me. Even a few of the old classics seemed drab, I'd imagine them to be better in a smaller venue. Shame.

Interpol; One of the biggest disappointments of the weekend, I love them so much I was hoping to be enthralled by them, however I struggled to enjoy their set. Which is such a shame because I think they have so many great songs.

Kings of Leon; They never ever disappoint, the best live band touring at the moment, the REAL headliners of Friday night - which was exactly what half of the crowd thought, due to their departure before Razorshite appearing.

Brand New; The last band of the night, this band was not my choice for the record - it was my girlfriends. I'm glad I saw them because they are great live and definitely a good act to end the day on.

No comments: