Wednesday 13 February 2008

The Return of the Mac... British Sea Power Even.

Firstly, let me apologise for the lack of updates around this place for a couple of weeks. I would try to claim that I’ve been very busy doing University work however that would be a big fat lie (the fattest lie you’ve ever seen). The truth is I’ve not feel very inspired too get back into the blogging mood but that’s all changed now!

So okay now that is out of the way I am going to be doing a few features over the next couple of months focusing on bands returning to our ears and boy there is some great bands coming back. First up is the wonderfully quintessential Brighton-based (originally from Cumbria and West Yorkshire) foursome British Sea Power. Since ‘The Decline of British Sea Power’ dropped almost 5 years ago BSP have proved to be one of the finest live acts around. Not taking anything away from their ability on record too which is pretty spectacular.

Agreed I am one month out because the third effort from BSP came out almost one month ago – so excuse me for this sin. The reasoning behind is that I’ve only just picked up the album titled “Do You Like Rock Music?” The word “Rock” makes me cringe slightly, it reminds me of the rock hand gesture (you know the one) and long greasy hair listening to Guns of Roses. Obviously Rock music has lots of sub genres but the term “Rock” makes me feel slightly uncomfortable for some reason. However if British Sea Power is Rock music, then fuck yeah I love Rock music.

This album is brimming with potential spine chilling live songs (‘Canvey Island’ and ‘Lights Out for Darker Skies’ come to mind). Not forgetting ‘A Trip Out’, ‘Down on the Ground’ along with singles ‘Waving Flags’ and ‘No Lucifer’ as stand out tracks on the album. Yan's lead vocals are pretty special throughout the whole record and make me tremendously jealous of his vocal range and variety. It’s far too early for me to say whether or not this album betters the previous two stunning pieces of work, but either way I am very happy they are back.

British Sea Power – Canvey Island
British Sea Power – A Trip Out
British Sea Power – Waving Flags

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[p]The ugg classic tall sand is one off UGG? Australia's most iconic silhouettes . Applying it about shoes insures a snug space inside freezing climate [url=http://www.genuineuggaustralia.co.uk]genuine ugg australia[/url] plus a dry space inside warmer days . This fall, you will [url=http://www.cheapuggbootsfsale.co.uk]ugg boots sale australia[/url] live in luxury while staying stylish with a pair of UGG boots . She and I [url=http://www.ugg-boots-clearance-outlet.co.uk]ugg boots clearance uk[/url] are such integration, cozy . Use a toothbrush to scrub extremely dirty parts [url=http://www.warmuggkids.co.uk]ugg kids sale[/url] using the soap and water . they provide to the feet comfort and warmth,will help to improve the human [url=http://www.realuggonsale.co.uk]ugg uk sale[/url] microcirculation . Do not [url=http://www.uggbaileybuttonfboots.co.uk]ugg boots[/url] activity yourcocky abender this.[/p]