Sunday 21 October 2007

Astronauts And All Foals..

Okay, this is a review of a gig I went to a few weeks ago (yes it's late, but I wanted to update my blog as it's been a little while).

Old Blue Last is certainly not my favourite venue, if you ever go there you will find out why. However These New Puritans and Foals are definitely two of my favourite bands at the moment which is why I found myself standing in a room with sweat dripping from the walls, ceiling and my head.

TNP came on first gloomy as ever, however there wasn’t much to be happy about for them with the crowd not even clapping after songs. Fuck them though, TNP make brilliant dark garage music and lead singer Jack provides a front man full of charisma. With songs such as forthcoming split single “Colours”/“Numbers” and previous single “Elvis” they are a band who can go places.

“I want your babies” someone shouts at Yannis as he and the rest of the band set up there own equipment, scared he continues setting up. Fresh from appearing on a 10 minute Skins “E4 Special” and of course touring up and down the country Foals prepare to sweat there proverbial tits off.

Opening with the usual duo of “XXXX” and “French Open” Foals have only just started, “Cassius” the third song provides us with the first drip of sweat from Yannis on to his microphone. It’s getting hot up in here! Despite the sticky conditions Foals continue to “rock out” on stage and tear into “Olympic Airways” followed by a crowd pleasing “Balloons”.

“Hummer” of course ends the set, not without the guitarist falling flat on his back after attempting to crowd surf.


Hummer - Foals

No comments: