Wednesday 17 October 2007

I'm So Distracted..

This update is a bit late admittedly however better late than never is what I always say! I saw Blood Red Shoes this time last week (well not at this exact time obviously), they were brilliant. No. They were AMAZING. At Reading I stood there watching them thinking “my god, why have I not latched onto this band yet”. However better late than never (ha) and now I am in love with them, the drummer is fucking frantically fast and just amazing. He pounds them drums so hard I worry about the sticks snapping. The girl is pretty bloody good too!

The gig was at Bush Hall which I’ve never been to before, it’s a lovely venue and looks like a theatre. First on was Tinseltown, who I have mentioned previously on my blog – I definitely think they have a lot to offer as a band however some songs were a bit flat live. Saying that I think they have some great songs so still think they can change my opinion of them live!

Elle Milano were next up on stage, and as expected they were ace. I’ve seen them twice since being in London and they have never let me down. I expect big things from them for the rest of this year and next year, with the album out in the New Year, 2008 must be the year for them. All the new songs sound just as good as the old ones, and the old ones sound just as good as they did two years ago, if not better.

Blood Red Shoes blew the two previous bands away though (hence why they were headlining, duh). They make music which is loud, hard, fast and in your face! Just how we want it really! They also have the vocals to back up the music, with both members: Laura-Mary (Guitar) and Steven (Drums) singing it just compliments the great noise they make. I can’t get enough of this band, I can listen to the songs all day long and just tap my foot away to every beat and chord, and they make me want to rock out (insert rock hand symbol here).

If you’ve never seen Blood Red Shoes, you should definitely go see them even if you’ve never heard one song before because I guaran-damn-tee (as The Rock would say) it that you will fucking love them.

Blood Red Shoes - ADHD
Blood Red Shoes - Stitch Me Back

No comments: