Thursday 4 October 2007

You're So Old Street

Apologises for the lack of updates, I had lots of stuff pencilled in to write about however my lectures have been really heavy (ha). No that’s a complete lie, although I’ve been busy running around several parts of London seeing some great bands.




Tinseltown are definitely a band I am passionate about, which is why I am going to do this little feature on them. They are a five-piece from London with Romily Alice (Vocals) fronting the band they are blessed with one of the best voices I’ve ever heard. They combine piano along with bass, guitar and drums pretty fucking brilliantly.

A female lead singer is the must have thing at the moment (Beth Ditto, Kate Jackson, Love Foxxx, her from New Young Pony Club, Laura Mary-Carter from Blood Red Shoes etc). Tinseltown have not any front-woman in Romily they have someone who possesses style, sex appeal and a pounding voice. Girls will love this band, and boys will love Romily (and the band)!

They are currently unsigned however I don’t think it will be too long before we see this band snapped up by a label. They’ve got some real killer songs my favourites include Skeletons, CafĂ© Kick and Old Street. You can catch them this month in London with Blood Red Shoes (amazing) at Bush Hall or supporting Cajun Dance Party however I am pretty sure that is sold out. Not to worry though, I am pretty sure they will be doing lots of dates real soon (especially in London). Tinseltown could just be your favourite new band…

www.myspace.com/ilovetinseltown

Tinseltown – Old Street
Tinseltown - Skeletons

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AHH. Romily went to my old school! Tinseltown are great. If you havent heard it yet, listen to their song: I am a Dog. It's incred :]