Sunday 28 October 2007

Sticking Fingers Into Sockets.

LOS CAMPESINOS!

On Tuesday (October 23rd) night the ULU welcomed Welsh outfit Los Campesinos, along with You Say Party! We Say Die! The seven piece Cardiff based band signed to the absolutely sublime Wichita Records (Les Savy Fav, The Cribs, Bloc Party, Simian Mobile Disco etc) recently and have an album out due in 2008. You Say Party! We Say Die! On the other hand are more established and I’d highly recommend purchasing the album ‘Hit the Floor’. If you like your girl bands then you will fucking love You Say Party! We Say Die! They are one of them bands who don’t really get enough mention then they deserve, so make sure you buy their records!

Getting to see Los Campesinos was a treat for me because I’d waited so long to see them and wanted to see them for even longer! They certainly didn’t disappoint and I love the energy they have on stage, and this comes also comes across in the songs too. I love the vocals of Los Campesinos, and the switch between female and male vocals is something rare at the moment. As a band just make a good noise, a good ‘feel factor’ noise and are a band that excite me with every release they have. “We Throw Parties”, “You! Me! Dancing!” and current single “The International Tweexcore Underground” are definitely good examples of this high energy music they make.

Live they are fun, noisy, entertaining, bouncy, animated (there are so many other adjectives I could use) and just generally fucking ace! If you haven’t seen them yet, you should definitely do it very soon because I can see them getting bigger and bigger and bigger (you get the picture). Buy the album which comes out in 2008 too, because I can imagine it will be fan-bloody-tastic.

You Say Party! We Say Die! – Midnight Snack
Los Campesinos! – Frontwards

Los Campesinos! – C Is the Heavenly Option

1 comment:

Tom Oakley said...

I LOVE LOS CAMPESINOS!
i really need to see them live
& thanks for your comments about my blog - you have a rather nice tastein music yourself.