Wednesday 31 October 2007

Saturday Night, Facts Of Life.

THE CRIBS.

Right, basically decided to leave some of the new stuff I’ve loved behind and dedicate a blog to the boys from Wakefield. The last time I saw them live was in May, and my god it was fucking mental (aren’t they always you ask?) Well yes, they are however this gig was at Astoria so it was mental on a bigger scale. Not. Good.

Anyway, I miss them so much live because in my opinion they are the best British live band there is at the moment (despite never winning awards for "Best British Live Band" which Kasabian or Muse ALWAYS win, errr why?) Also one of the best modern British bands there is. Also, three fucking outstanding albums and not many bands can say they have had that. All three albums are different, and brilliant for their own reason. I can’t really think of many songs I dislike by them (which is no mean feat considering the amount of songs they have).

A lot of people have put them down because they have become “mainstream” now, but I think the values as a band have always remained the same throughout the three albums that have came out. It’s just now more people like them, what’s wrong with that? Good on them for getting people to like, they haven’t changed the way they act to get people to finally realise how good they are. So yeah Ryan has a celebrity girlfriend (Kate Nash if you didn’t know, ha) but so fucking what? He hasn’t done a Preston and wrote an album on her (not yet anyway, haha) and he doesn’t try to appear in every rag in the country.

Anyway, personally my favourite album is the new one (oohhh controversial). Seriously though, I can listen to it on repeat all day and love every single song because they are all different in there own way. The other two albums are just as amazing too, and you need the first two before you listen to the third (in my opinion). Then you can realise the progression as a band that they have made.

Any who, this blog was somewhat inspired by the announcement of there “Cribsmas” tour. Which if you are unaware of what I’m talking about; it’s a three day tour (in Leeds at the Brudenell Social Club). Each show is dedicated to one album, so on the 19th you get “The Cribs” in it’s entirety along with b-sides etc from the time. On the 20th you get “The New Fellas” in full along with other releases and b-sides and finally on the 21st its “Men’s Needs, Women’s Needs, Whatever” along with the new single (Don’t You Wanna Be Relevant?)

What a brilliant idea and one I am going to try and get myself too (unless they announce a similar one in London). I have even looked up prices to a Premier Inn and everything. You can get a three day ticket to this tour for a mere 30 pounds, or alternatively choose a show that you want to go to and pay £12.50 for the one you want.

The Cribs – Major Titling Victory
The Cribs – I’m Alright Me
The Cribs – Another Number

Oh yeah, Happy Halloween and all that jazzzzzzzzz.

3 comments:

Steph Mulrine said...

Sheer brilliance of an idea.

I think all credit to them for doing something innovative with regards to the way the gig.

I'd absolutely love to go. I'll have to see if I can fit the spectacular into my diary!

Love your blog, by the way.

Shaun said...

its certainly is, and i think i remember reading that the gig is on behalf of charity too - which is so cool of them.

thanks for the kind words, im checking out your blog now! :)

Steph Mulrine said...

Don't read that rubbish.

Listened to Mens Needs, Womens Needs, Whatever on the train today and felt overwhelmingly leary.

It didn't feel right having OAP's sat next to me whilst listening to Moving Pictures.