Sunday 28 October 2007

These Expectations..

UTAH RANGERS. ELLE S’APPELLE. FRIENDLY FIRES. CUT OFF YOUR HANDS!

Okay, I have gone a bit blog crazy today mainly due to my lack of updates as of late (this is due to a lot of gigs and a lot more alcohol with not much studying). On Thursday night (October 25th) I saw a lot of bands which spread over two gigs however I am only going to mention the four I enjoyed.

First off was Utah Rangers who are Emil and Kristoffer from Sweden and between them they play “the guitar, the drums, the synthesizers and the microphones”. Which I think is pretty impressive for two of them! With only 646 friends on MySpace Utah Rangers are not very known, but I hope to change that with lots of promoting them. I think they are magnificent and love the sound the two of them make. Check them out on MySpace (
www.myspace.com/utahrangers).

Utah Rangers – Theme Song

Elle S’appelle is a band my friend Jamila (see her blog “Fucking Dance” on my page) recommended to me. For that, I thank her lots because they are super-super-super! From Liverpool (don’t hold that against them) they epitomise pop and remind me a bit of Hot Club De Paris (I love them so much). They are different in there own way to HCDP however being similar to Hot Club is never a bad thing! They are set to hit the country next year along with mates’ goFASTER>> so check them out in a town near to you. Listen to them and support them by visiting the MySpace (
www.myspace.com/ellesappelleband).

Elle S’appelle – Little Flame

Friendly Fires are a band I’d never seen before, heard lots about but never got round to chance of seeing them. I am so glad I now have! They are amazing and live they are even better than what they are on record, I think one of the best new bands I’ve seen since being in London (and I saw Les Savy Fav on Monday). Choruses brimming with melody and verses to sing along too Friendly Fires are definitely a band I shall want to see again very, very soon! Check them out on MySpace (
www.myspace.com/friendlyfires).

Friendly Fires – Paris

Cut Off Your Hands were the last band I saw of the night, and wow the best band was definitely kept till last. We jumped in a taxi from Hoxton and headed off to the Buffalo Bar where Cut Off Your Hands were playing a rare UK show (they are from New Zealand and don’t make it here much). I saw them briefly for one song on Monday night at Scala before Les Savy Fav came on and rocked the fuck out. However this was the first time seeing them ‘properly’ and wow I want to see them again. The lead singer is so energetic you just can’t keep your eyes off him throwing himself across the stage and into the crowd too! They have the songs to back up the front man’s charisma and energy too. “Expectations”, “You and I” and “Still Fond” being my favourites, you should make sure you see this band whenever they come to your town. Foals are big fans of them too, which is of course another reason why you should check them out (
www.myspace.com/cutoffyourhands).

Cut Off Your Hands – Still Fond

No comments: