Friday 11 January 2008

Top Albums 2007 [Part Two].

5. Kings of Leon – Because of the Times

Such a strong third album from Kings of Leon, despite not really liking the last few songs on the album the rest of the album makes up for it. Songs such as ‘My Party’, ‘Charmer’ and the fantastic seven minute opener ‘Knocked Up’ make this album a great record, and live the songs match up to the CD.

4. Twisted Charm – Real Fictional

I’d been waiting for this album for a couple of years, and thankfully when it came it did it did not disappoint. From the opening song ‘Never Grow Old’ to songs such as ‘Layabout’, ‘Socialite’, ‘Cinema’ and ‘Clone Baby’ Twisted Charm have delivered an album to be well proud of.

3. Radiohead – In Rainbows

After seeing Radiohead a couple of years ago at V Festival my appreciation of them as a band went sky high. I listened to albums made over the years but never found “my” favourite Radiohead album. Until this arrived and I found my favourite Radiohead album, this is why it is so high up in this list, from a person who claims “I’m not much a fan of Radiohead”.

2. LCD Soundsystem – Sound of Silver

What, it’s not number one? LCD Soundsystem has been topping charts left, right and centre however not on my blog. Just beaten by Late of the Pier on Tracks of 2007 previously on Puzzled James Murphy and co has just been beaten again on the Albums of 2007. Not that he will care too much / read my blog, but despite being beaten twice on my 2007 lists he should not feel too disheartened. This album is absolutely fantastic, it beats in my opinion previous album and LCD Soundsystem should be extremely happy with this record.

1. Jamie T – Panic Prevention

In my opinion this album did not feature high enough on people’s lists of 2007, so I am giving it the number one album of 2007 on my blog. However it deserves to be there, it isn’t just there because I wanted to be different to everyone else. Oh no, this album is filled with great tracks, anthems is how I would describe some of them and classics is how I’d describe the other ones. Almost a year from its release (January 29th to be exact) this album remains one of my favourite albums of all time. Well done Jamie T, pat yourself on the back from me.

No comments: