Tuesday 8 January 2008

Two Thousand And Seven [Part Two].

Today was my first day of lectures and the best thing about today’s lectures was finding out that I could possibly get 5 months off this summer. That IS amazing; top tracks 15-11 are as follows.

15. Bat For Lashes – What’s A Girl To Do
Fur and Gold

Natasha Khan is full of talent and this song just proves this. I didn’t get hold of this album long after it was released but thankfully I did get hold of it. This song stood out like a sore thumb and the video is equally as dark and utterly thrilling. I look forward to what Bat For Lashes can offer in 2008 too.

14. Patrick Wolf – Accident & Emergency
The Magic Position

I think the obvious single to choose would’ve been ‘The Magic Position’ however I always preferred this song. This song brought Patrick Wolf to my attention and for this I am grateful.

13. Bloc Party – Flux
A Weekend In The City (Re-Release)

Silent Alarm was fantastic, one of my favourite albums of all time however ‘A Weekend In The City’ was that tough second album. However ‘Flux’ feels like it should’ve followed the first album, it left me still excited about Bloc Party and hopefully the even more so difficult third album will be similar to this song.

12. Arcade Fire – No Cars Go
Neon Bible

This song had to get in the top 20 because of the live performance of it at Reading festival last year. When they played this song the hairs on the back of my neck stood up and watching Arcade Fire perform was nothing short of spectacular.

11. The Cribs – Men’s Needs
Men’s Needs, Women’s Needs, Whatever

The Cribs are a rare breed; three albums all as good as each other. Not many bands can say that they have three albums each one different to the other and at the same time as good as each other. Despite the polished sound of this song and album it should feature on many lists of 2007.

No comments: