Sunday 23 December 2007

Can't Spell Magick? You're Dead.

BOLT ACTION FIVE.

Having a proper sleep is something you never really appreciate until you do night shift (sorry that I keep going on about night shift). For almost 10 days I hadn’t had a proper night sleep because sleeping during the day is just not the same. The fact that it is not dark makes it extremely difficult to sleep, along with slamming of doors, hairdryers, dogs barking, Hoover sounds etc are not exactly too pleasing when you are trying to sleep.

Bolt Action Five are an electro/pop/indie/industrial four piece from Holloway, Hackney and Stoke Newington and consist of Tobias, Dan, Ian and Mark.

BAF have been on my radar so to speak for quite a while now, a really long time actually. However I never really listened to them or made any effort to listen to them, so shame on me for doing so. I always heard bad things about them from other people but thankfully I decided to ignored them opinions and make my own opinion of them. My opinion is that they are a tight band who reminds me of a more poppy British Les Savy Fav.

They’ve recently allowed fans to download new demos, and for this I am grateful as the new stuff is sounding really good. Especially ‘Hellsmouth’ which got the repeat treatment on my ipod from my night shift. ‘Face Of The Beast’ got the same sort of treatment one night, I just couldn’t stop listening to it. There was me doing somebody else’s shopping for them having Bolt Action Five on repeat, certainly a surreal image I am sure.

I hope 2008 brings some success for Bolt Action Five, because they appear to be a band who definitely deserve it.

No comments: