Friday 21 December 2007

Why Not Bathe In A Tub Of Beans?

THE HORNBLOWER BROTHERS.

Tomorrow morning at 6am will feel like my first Christmas present as I will be free from any work for the Christmas holidays (THANK FUCK). So, three weeks in with only three bands remaining and I have certainly saved some of the best bands till last including this very blog.

The Hornblower Brothers are Nat, Al, James, Gary and Antony and despite the rumours they are not brothers. However they are very talented musicians who make brilliant pop songs that you just can’t help tapping your toes too.

Hailing from Brighton they describe themselves on MySpace as “charmingly shambolic” which I think is very apt. When I first heard them the song I listened to first was ‘Android With A Heart’ and I just kept playing repeat on my itunes. I could not stop listening to it, and even now it is a song which never gets old despite me playing it almost every day. There are other songs too, ‘The Ceiling’ and ‘Like Your Sister’ grabbed my attention immediately too. This is a band who with the right label can go places in 2008.

I can’t put my finger on any comparisons, so I won’t be able to offer you any comparisons of who they sound like, for this I am sorry. However you don’t need comparisons just listen to them and make your own mind up! I am yet to see them live, though I think 2008 will give me the chance to see them live in some capacity.

No comments: