Thursday 20 December 2007

Living for music, living in a dance. Music for life, those dancing days.

THOSE DANCING DAYS.

Walking home at 6am in sub-zero temperatures IS NOT fun, despite having about 85 layers I was still freezing. When did it get so cold? I understand it is December, but I mean this morning I think the temperatures would’ve rivalled the Antarctic (seriously). I went to bed at 7am (it was pitch black) and I woke up at 4pm (it was pitch black), so at the moment I am not seeing day light, not that I particularly want to. That is when people come out and annoy me.

It was about time I mentioned a Swedish band on this blog I think and Those Dancing Days have been on my ‘radar’ for quite a while now and I have never really taken them too seriously. In fact to begin with I was never really a big fan of them, but my mind has been changed recently. I imagine if you are put in front of five girls from Sweden it would be hard not to have your mind changed! Obviously that is not the reason I decided that Those Dancing Days were worthy of a second chance in my mind. I listened to them again this week, coincidently it was walking home in freezing temperatures from work, and it really perked me up! I think it actually made me walk home (maybe even skip)!

I jest; I would NEVER skip home from work. Actually, I might skip home at 6am Saturday morning when it is all over! I am going off subject (again), Those Dancing Days released the track ‘Those Dancing Days’ quite a while ago and it never really caught my eye (what a shit cliché, surely it is ears). After re-visiting the song again this week I decided it is an absolutely super catchy pop song with charming vocals. From the sounds from the synth to the simplistic drums and poppy guitar noises this song has just about everything going for it.

Other songs such as ‘Hitten’ and ‘1000 Words’ are evidence that this band has the songs in their locker to become a popular band of 2008.

1 comment:

Monir Sider said...

Dance and Music therapy are forms of therapy in which participants learned to channel constructively and to express their thoughts and feelings. They are very useful for people, young and old, who feel unable to really let other people know they are in and how they feel, just using speech and writing.