Monday 17 December 2007

Ipso... Facto... All The Things You Heard About A Boy

IPSO FACTO.

A had the best night sleep of my life last night, it was amazing. However tonight I will not sleep as easy because I am back on night shift (fun times – and I can look forward to it every night this week). Anyway Christmas Eve is a week today, which means it is the final week of my ‘Puzzled Advent Blog/Calendar’ thingy. This will be a quick one because I have lots to do including: getting a sleep in before my shift tonight, doing some features for somewhere else, wrapping presents, cooking my dinner and just being lazy before I become knackered at work.

Anywho – Ipso Facto I think will be one to definitely look out for in 2008, they are already making people take notice with their beautifully crafted songs and powerful live performances. Ipso Facto in Latin means “by the fact itself” which according to Wikipedia (God) means that a certain effect is a direct consequence of the action in question, instead of being brought about by a subsequent action such as the verdict of a tribunal. Whatever that means, Ipso Facto are made up of four girls: Rosalie (lead vocals and guitar), Cherish (keys and backing vocals), Victoria (drums) and Samantha (bass).

The title of this blog relates to the film About A Boy (what a brilliant Hugh Grant film it is), you know the one with the Skins boy when he was a geeky little 11 year old (oh how it changed). Anyway Ipso Facto have been pigeon holed to The Horrors ‘scene’ (there is one?) I have no idea why (erm, probably the haircuts / dress code). They sound NOTHING like The Horrors, we all know what The Horrors sound like and they are the opposite sound. I mean one band is full of girls one full of males (so there is a direct opposite with vocals), Faris screams and lead singer of Ipso Facto Rosalie has a melodic voice. Two pretty big differences I’d say so don’t look into the Horrors comparison at all. Ipso Facto are their own band and have their own sound, a sound which I very much expect to be big in 2008.

No comments: