Saturday 22 December 2007

Your Smile Is Fake, And I Like Your Face.

PETE AND THE PIRATES.

It’s Saturday night and I am in doing my blog, it could be a lot worse I’ve decided I could be about to leave for night shift. However, I am now free of fucking work, I felt like a “fucking” was needed there because work grinds you down, right down! I don’t have to think about it work anymore, well not until I get back to University to find out there is millions of assignments due in. Millions of assignments which will TRY to get in the way of my drinking and dancing routine that I loved so much during first semester.

Onto Pete and the Pirates: they are five boys from Reading including brothers lead singer Tommy and drummer Jonny along with Peter on bass with Peter and David on guitar duties. They have a really loyal fan base in Reading, and during this years Reading festival (which was an anti-climax) they performed on the Carling Stage and I am lead to believe they went down really, really well. I did not see them (I have no idea why not) but did hear they were excellent.

Previous single ‘Knots’ got plenty of plays and reached number 8 in the NME chart which is definitely a good placing for Pete and the Pirates. One thing to make clear, none of the band are pirates however as previously stated they do have a guitarist named Pete(r). I think they should be pirates personally, that would make for an extremely entertaining live show. Imagine them turning up to Reading festival dressed up as pirates, I am thinking the Jack Sparrow type pirate rather than Captain Hook.

Could go on about the name of this band for far too long, so I won’t. Pete and the Pirates make really great pop songs (see ‘Knots’), my favourite song being ‘Come On Feet’ something I often said during this hell week of work when my feet seemed to be crumbling from beneath me. I am not sure this is how the song was written, but I would like to think so. Pete and the Pirates debut album is due out in February some time and the band head out on a UK tour starting in Bristol on the 24th February and ending on Valentines Day (14th of February for those who have forgot) in York. Buy the album and see the band on tour, I insist.

No comments: