Sunday 9 December 2007

Let's Kiss Like We Use To

WHITE LIES.

Unfortunately, this blog is only going to be a short one. This is due to my pounding headache, hung over feeling and also because I am going to Transparent in a few hours.

White Lies are a five-piece from London who are yet to make their live debut, however you might recognise the voice from somewhere if you listen to their myspace. I’m guessing that you’ve realised it is the lead singer from Fear of Flying, if not then I have just informed you. I always thought on record Fear of Flying were really good and the two singles ‘Routemaster’ and ‘Three’s A Crowd’ were strong releases.

However, when I saw them live supporting The Maccabees and also when supporting Jamie T there was something missing from their live shows. They didn’t really cut the mustard live as the saying goes. I am more excited about White Lies, just from their one song and I expect a lot more better things to come from them.

‘Unfinished Business’ at times throughout the song reminds me of Interpol, but not as sinister or dark as Interpol. The song is packed with quivering guitars, sharp lyrics and the organ opening is something quite spectacular.

Hopefully we will get a lot more from White Lies in the New Year, fingers crossed!

No comments: