Saturday 1 December 2007

Things Sound Better Louder

The above statement is something I truly believe in.

Throughout December I am going to be posting everyday running up to Christmas Day (with obviously no post on Christmas Day, as I’ll be filling my face with Yorkshire puddings, roast potatoes and nut roast, ha). I’ll be promoting bands that I am very much enjoying at the moment. You could say it’s an online advent calendar in the medium of music/bands!

The first instalment of this wonderful idea comes from a band that goes by the name of
Damn Shames. They consist of Matthew (Vocals and Guitars), Simon (Vocals and Guitars) and Jacob (Bass) and come from Edinburgh. My first listen of them was only yesterday morning, but they have been on repeat since that very moment.

They have just recently signed to Abeano (Part of the impressive XL), they release new single Fear of Assault on 3rd of December! Apart from what I have mentioned I know very little about them! Not that it matters a great deal, as I’ve heard enough from only three songs to be very excited about. New single Fear of Assault is about being scared of chavs on buses, apparently and it’s a noisy post-punk track that you just can’t help playing over and over and over (you get the picture). However, the b-side Last Things is my preferred track, bursting with brilliant lyrics and catchy guitar riffs. It’s currently my favourite song and most listened to of the past day, so it comes highly recommended from me!

Expect more tomorrow from me (depending on hung over I am from Push tonight)!

Damn Shames – Last Things

4 comments:

westie said...

cheers for those, got offered to put Damn Shames on for £50 a couple of weeks back but said no haha, found your blog off dancing jesus, going to add you to my links section!
wesite.

Shaun said...

haha that's funny. any particular reason you said no? i think they are excellent, however i cant comment on live as i've never seen them.
ill add you to mine too, cheers!

nuclr said...

hello, jeesse, you are my man..thanx for this advent calendar..so far so good...im gonna add this blog to my prferences too...

Tom Oakley said...

they are wicked live.
I saw the end of their set like two weeks ago, Dancing in the Aisles was an awesome finale.