Sunday 16 December 2007

Don't Be Shy, Don't Be Bashful.

HATCHAM SOCIAL.

I have now completed 3 night shifts in a row (10 mother-fucking hour night shifts I’ll have you know). Something I realised as I was stacking cereals is how expensive cereal is! One particular box was TWO POUNDS NINETY FIVE! For 375g of cereal, what a bloody rip off. Okay, this is what working nights brings you to (getting aggressive about the price of cereal).

On to things more on topic and definitely more worth talking about: Hatcham Social. Hatcham Social are from The Island of Dr. Moreau, United Kingdom according to their MySpace. It sounds like an amazing place, and one I would like to visit, if people there look and sound like Hatcham Social then it can’t be half bad! Of course they are not from this made up town, two parts of Hatcham Social (the Kidd brothers) are from Wales and one part is from Cricklewood (drummer). They grew up around people who loved drum n’ bass and house music, but thankfully they ignored these genres of music and moved away from that crap.

Hatcham Social consist of Finnigan Kidd, Tobias Josef Kidd and Dave Javu – quite a selection of unusual yet brilliant names (well Dave isn’t very unusual, is it?) I saw them a few weeks ago at Durrr and they were quite marvellous, I thought they were better than the headline act (Cazals – and for me to say that is a big compliment as I fucking love Cazals).

‘Til The Dawn’ is a poppy Orange Juice influenced track, and is my favourite song by Hatcham Social, however ‘In My Opinion’ is another strong song that is heavily influenced by the quintessential English sound that they go for. I don’t expect Hatcham Social to be big in 2008; but I expect them to produce some brilliant songs and hopefully a wonderful debut album.

No comments: