Monday 10 December 2007

Keepsakes.

SKY LARKIN.

Really I should be revising for my Film Studies exam on Wednesday; however I am rubbish at revising and find revising at the last minute (aka 20 minutes before my exam) is always best. I don’t actually think that, it’s just what usually happens from my past experiences of exams (and I’ve done a fucking lot of them unfortunately). Anyway back to the blog and day 10 is a band who are really, really good (honest, I love them).

Sky Larkin consist of lead singer Katie who also plays guitars and keyboard, Nestor who thumps the drums and last but not least Douglas who pounds notes from the bass. They are currently un-signed (not for long I don’t think) and they are from Leeds (via Glasgow and London). They make delightful pop music which you can dance your little socks off too.

Think Long Blondes, minus two members (preferably the two girls who appear not to do much in the band) and then you ALMOST have Sky Larkin. I say almost because to me Sky Larkin are slightly different and from what I’ve heard/seen so far slightly better too, certainly live. Obviously there is a slightly difference in sound too because of the lovely keyboard noises Sky Larkin make but also the difference in accents from Katie Larkin and Kate Long Blonde, I’m more of a fan of the first Kat(i)e.

Anyways, they are one of my favourite bands from 2007 and want them to succeed in 2008! I think they will, they have the songs to do so along with really good live shows in their locker. I’d recommend listening to ‘1 of 2’, ‘Somersault’ and previous single ‘Molten’ if you’ve never listened to Sky Larkin but other tracks such as ‘Young Lungs’, ‘Keepsakes’ and ‘Delivery’ are equally as good if not better! Backing up my previous statement about them having the songs, they have great songs in abundance.

Sky Larkin – Delivery

No comments: