Tuesday 4 December 2007

Rocks and Daggers

NOAH AND THE WHALE.

Right, personally I prefer Noah and the Whale however I’ve seen Noah & the Whale and it really bugs me when songs by them are tagged as Noah & the Whale. ANWAY, its day four of my lovely advent calendar of music; this means only three weeks until Christmas! I am so excited about Christmas (probably the most I have been since I was a small child and got the Action Man Scuba Diving Set along with a Lego Castle)!

Right, back to the topic of Noah and the Whale, they are currently impressing music fans across the country on tour, of course not all music fans because some people like shit music and won’t go see Noah and the Whale. However, all the cool people will see Noah and the Whale on tour and they are the people who really matter. I believe there is only two dates left (Oxford and London) so if you are able to get along, I would HIGHLY recommend it. Noah and the Whale have been in my earphones for quite some time now, I first fell in love with them when I heard ‘5 Years Time’ which if you haven’t heard is probably one of the best summer songs I have heard, despite its release after summer (released on the great Young & Lost).

They certainly are no one trick pony though, ‘Rocks and Daggers’, ‘Jocasta’ and ‘Beating’ provide us with absolutely amazing songs. I would describe Noah and the Whale as folk indie music; their songs are soft in sense of vocals and music. Often a female’s voice can be heard in songs (I believe it is the highly talented Laura Marling) she compliments the songs wonderfully especially in ‘Beating’.

Noah and the Whale are tipped for big things in 2008; and any band which includes xylophones in their music deserves success!

Noah and the Whale – Rocks and Daggers

No comments: