Friday 7 December 2007

I Won't Lie To You, I Can't See If Things Are Getting Any Better

LET’S WRESTLE!

LET’S FUCKING WRESTLE!


Day mother-fucking-seven! Oh yes, a whole week so far and I think I’m doing pretty well (considering I never thought I’d post every day with my lazy work ethic at University). I actually have done all my University work a week before the deadlines (wow, oh my god, unbelievable etc). So now I look forward to a weekend which starts tomorrow night with Black Kids at Push and ends with Black Kids (and more importantly Roast Dinner) at Transparent.

The seventh blog is about Let’s Wrestle who I discovered a few backs, downloaded a few demos (like you do) but actually did not get round to listening to them (shame on me). However, the last few days they’ve been doing the rounds on my itunes so decided they deserved a place on my blog type advent calendar type thingy.

Let’s Wrestle are a three-piece, and they are WPG (wtf?) on lead vocals and guitar accompanied by Mike on bass and finally Louis banging the drums and they are from London. They don’t appear to take them selves too seriously; however they’ve managed to make pretty good songs even if about some of the strangest subjects (i.e. ‘I Wish I Was In Husker Du’ and ‘Song For Abba Tribute Record’). “This is the death of an indie-pop; I wish I was in Husker Du” a line which stands out in ‘I Wish I Was In Husker Du’.

However, the new single ‘I Won’t Lie To You’ is a great love song and a song which really reminds me of The Cribs (especially the vocals). However my favourite song has to be ‘Lets Wrestle’ which is obviously about Wrestling (ohh the memories), though a piss take on Wrestling; I am not ashamed to admit I loved it at one point in my life, then I realised how immature and homosexual (I am not homophobic) it actually was.

At times they sometimes remind me of Art Brut (particularly with the tone of the songs). So think of a mix of The Cribs and Art Brut and you have yourself Let’s Wrestle.

Let’s Wrestle – ‘I Won’t Lie To You’

No comments: