Saturday 15 December 2007

She Starts Monday, She Started In My Team.

goFASTER>>

NIGHTS. IS. KILLING. ME.
I. HATE. IT.

goFASTER>> are fun. They are a fun band from Liverpool and they have four members including Rich, Chris, Murphy and Ian. They make music which is fun (I don’t want to over use that word too much, but I can see it happening). Obvious comparisons come into my mind like Hot Club De Paris (the Liverpool sound HCDP is famous for, goFASTER>> certainly have too). Another band who shares a similar is the brilliantly wonderful Elle S’appelle who I have mentioned before on this blog and are a band I expect to make it big in 2008.

goFASTER>> write songs about Preston and Chantelle, Heather Mills and Paul McCartney, day jobs, daytime television and sexually transmitted diseases. All things I think that are important to us in some way or another (STD’s more for some than others I predict). Anyway all issues which are important to us! They don’t take themselves too serious thankfully and make music which is highly addictive.

Songs such as ‘NHS Dentist’, ‘She Starts Monday’ and ‘Magazine Addiction’ all proving that this band have great potential to write some brilliant pop songs. 2008 could be a good year for Liverpool with the return of Hot Club De Paris the emergence of Elle S’appelle and hopefully success of goFASTER>> (football wise I can’t see it being a good year for Liverpool, but that’s another matter).

I shall be attending the London leg of ‘Boss Pop Tour’ at the Barfly with Elle S’apelle and goFASTER>> on February 22nd. You should also attend this tour if it comes to a town near you. If it doesn’t there are such things as trains, buses, cars, walking, running, planes and so forth – so no excuses not to get one of these fabulous events.

No comments: